Friday, August 17, 2012

UHI Ultra High Risk and ACRS Ohi-1 and Ohi-2

This is my fourth consecutive entry regarding UHI-Ultra High Risk, my NSAC Memorandum of October 3, 1984. Below is a note that I received from the planet's top reporter of nuclear power matters:


The above references an ACRS Subcommittee on March 7, 1985 - about 5 months following my infamous memorandum of October 3, 1984. However, it took more than another year before the Full ACRS issued its letter condoning the removal of the UHI system from nuclear power plants having an ice condenser containment. 

And as I have documented in my first entry of this series, Kansai Electric Power was apparently never alerted by Westinghouse or our NRC about the dangers of UHI.  Kansai did not seek authorization to
remove UHI from Ohi-1 and Ohi-2 until November 1990.
 

No comments: