Saturday, June 14, 2008

Upper Head Injection UHI ULTRA HIGH RISK (This got me going)




Our great NRC, the regulators by myth, issued the following seven pages on February 28, 1984. At the time, NRC had a gang, AEOD (Analysis and Evaluation of Operational Data). They sent a copy to their counterparts at EPRI, the now defunct Nuclear Safety Analysis Center (NSAC). The NSAC coordinator of contacts with AEOD passed this report to others in NSAC and I was not included on that distribution. Somehow I got a copy down the road. Here it is, click each page to enlarge.










As the world goes, one thing may lead to lots of stuff. I wrote a castigating review of this AEOD report on October 3, 1984. By early October 24, 1984, I had reasons to expand the distribution of my memo. And on November 12, 1984, the top man called for an investigation. The following three pages begin with his cover letter followed with my two page review that he marked up with his comments and highlighting. Here are the three pages. Again, click to enlarge.






Of course, I have been in this territory in prior entries. But it is a very involved set of things; I may have to write a book in order to cover it all somewhat more coherently. Would anyone read that?

No comments: