Sunday, November 16, 2008

NSF Proposal 0500015 Hydrogen production

I'm just keeping track of this NSF work.
Your NSF Proposal 0500015
Date:
11/16/2008 11:49:01 A.M. Mountain Standard Time
From:
Bobleyse
Reply To:
To:
cta2@cornell.edu, wing.tsang@nist.gov
CC:
aortega@nsf.gov, tbergman@nsf


Gentlemen:

I have the Power Point slides that Wing Tsang e-mailed and I thank you for those.

Slide 5 depicts boiling modes. Are the photographs of boiling in your apparatus? I saw no provisions for that in your proposal or in the subsequent Power Point slides. Slide 5 includes nucleate and film boiling plots: Please tell me the units for the ordinate. I presume that the fluid was methanol and the system pressure was about one atmosphere. I also presume that the surface temperature was measured with an interior thermocouple.

Was fouling of any of the heat transfer elements observed, if so, how much?

Please tell me about the operating efficiency. As a first cut at this, what was the power consumption of the heat transfer element? I would like to see a plot of watts per cubic centimeter of hydrogen (ordinate) and hydrogen production rate (abscissa) for both methanol and ethylene glycol.

Thank you for your cooperation, and I will likely have further questions. I am attaching your Power Point file for the convenience of the NSF addressees.

Bob

Robert H. Leyse



And, here is SLIDE 5, Click on it to enlarge.


So, I corrected the above request as follows:


Fwd: Your NSF Proposal 0500015
Date:
11/16/2008 12:53:17 P.M. Mountain Standard Time
From:
Bobleyse
Reply To:
To:
cta2@cornell.edu, wing.tsang@nist.gov
CC:
aortega@nsf.gov, tbergman@nsf.gov, rwellek@nsf.gov, phelan@asu.edu


Correction: In the following sentence, please replace "watts" with "watt-seconds"

I would like to see a plot of watts per cubic centimeter of hydrogen (ordinate) and hydrogen production rate (abscissa) for both methanol and ethylene glycol.

2 comments:

Tejal Trends said...

Good information about the blog. 34 Compartment Hardware Box Storage, Double-sided: With this double-sided organizer, You can keep your construction gear and your hobby accessories together in the same box while still being separated by having their own side with 17 whole compartments.

34 Compartment Hardware Box Storage

Tejal Trends said...

Good information about the blog. All-purpose plastic storage NSF Plastic Bus Tub Black Color are built to last.

NSF Plastic Bus Tub Black Color
NSF Plastic Bus Tub Gray Color
Heavy Duty Large Storage Basket
Heavy Duty Large Storage Basket