Saturday, October 4, 2014

The Boiling Heat Transfer Laboratory at UCLA has been shut down.

Really, the Boiling Heat Transfer Laboratory at UCLA has very likely not been shut down.  However, its web page is unavailable, and that is unfortunate. 

I have made email requests for an explanation, here is the latest, but I have had no response.
Boiling Heat Transfer Laboratory
Date: 10/1/2014 12:44:11 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time
From: Send IM to: BobleyseBobleyse@aol.com
To: gwarrier@ucla.edu
Sent from the Internet (Details)
Gopi:
It has been a while since I contacted the Boiling Heat Transfer Laboratory; in fact, I was the first to contact that site a while back.  However, I have been trying for the past several weeks with no luck. So, what is going on?
Bob                bobleyse@aol.com

Here is an entry to this blog from a while back.  The first two links yield prompt responses.  However the third link (to my paper) is unresponsive. And the fourth link (to the Boiling Heat Transfer Laboratory at UCLA) is also unresponsive.

Of course, I am not pleased.  


THURSDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2008


Boiling Heat Transfer Gang

I reported my great discoveries in abbreviated form during 2002:

http://www.millpress.nl/shop/abooks/THERMES/THERMES/195.pdfand



http://www.foresight.org/Conferences/MNT9/Abstracts/Leyse/index.html

Next, I intoduced UCLA (Dhir) to this field and I presented a more detailed paper at the Montego Bay Boiling Conference during 2003.



Leyse, R.H., Meduri, P.K., Warrier, G.R. and Dhir, V.K., “MICROSCALE PHASE CHANGE HEAT TRANSFER AT HIGH HEAT FLUX,” Proceedings of the 5th International Boiling Heat Transfer Conference, Montego Bay, Jamaica, May 4-8, 2003.





http://boiling.seas.ucla.edu/Publications/Conf_LMWD2003



Previous Boiling Conferences and their corresponding chairs:
YEAR
Country
Chair

1992
Santa Barbara, CA, USA
V.K. Dhir (UCLA)

1995
Banff, Canada
J. Chen (Lehigh University)

1997
Irsee, Germany
F. Mayinger (University of Munich)

2000
Girdwood, Alaska, USA
A. Bar-Cohen (University of Minnesota)

2003
Montego Bay, Jamaica
J. Klausner (University of Florida)

2006
Spoleto, Italy
G.P. Celata (ENEA)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a nice post you have posted. I was searching about Heat Laboratory Equipment Exporter then I reached here, this post is really interesting and knowledgable. Keep sharing this kind of stuff.