Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sheenan and Her Gang

Click on the picture to enlarge, Use your back key to return here. SHEENAN AND HER GANG
Here I am still in Manhattan and it is a great place indeed. I've told about how I saved the pigeon at Radio Shack. And late today I had the chance to act it all out to a very appreciative group at the Heidelberg on 2nd Avenue. Sheenan had her gang racing to down their 2 liter boots when I walked by with my 500 cubic centimeters and admired their skill. Of course, I was introduced to all, however, only Sheenan's name became embedded among my vast memories, and I am not even certain that I have that right.

Anyway, we talked about this and that. One of the experts told me about derivatives and I wanted to talk about Warren Buffet and his reference to CDO's or whatever as the mother of all catastrophes, but I could not think of CDOs. I said the only thing I knew about derivatives was that the differential of x squared is 2xdx. And so we rambled all over the place.

I mentioned that I had a blog and the gang was amazed that I knew about such things. Next I identified this blog and one of the young geniuses dragged out his whatever and invited me to bring up the blog. I pleaded that the keys were too small, however, I dictated the address and we were soon on line right there on 2nd Avenue.

I could have driven that kind gang nuts by drifting all over this blog, but I focused on the pigeon at Radio Shack. As the text was read to the gang, I moved in view of all and acted out the capture and release of the pigeon with my great felt hat. As I left the scene to get back to my base at 400 East 85th, the gang allowed me to photograph the scene. What a great gang!

This quote from Mark Twain's PUDD'NHEAD WILSON, Chapter 19 has nothing to do with Sheenan and Her Gang, but I've been reading Mark Twain and decided to tuck away this great quote right here: Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a great example.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Bob!

It was great to meet you! You made our day!

Unknown said...

Nice story Bob!
Her name is Sheena! She's is my son's significant other! She's adorable! And Erin is my adorable daughter!